Men’s sheds in Gippsland have received a much-needed boost with funding from the Federal Government’s National Shed Development Programme (NSDP).
Local MP Darren Chester said five local men’s sheds would share in over $17,500 of funding.
“Men’s sheds are an integral part of our community and offer a safe and friendly environment for people to gather and work on meaningful and creative projects,” Mr Chester said.
“Whenever I visit local men’s sheds in Gippsland I am always impressed by the comraderie and contribution being made to the local community.
“Not only do the sheds keep members physically active but they also help to build strong social connections.
“These grants will support the sheds through the purchase of tools, equipment, community projects, training, building maintenance and more.”
Men’s sheds to receive funding include:
- $1749 for Heyfield (Ken’s) Men’s Shed to purchase a router and router table and dust collector
- $2475 for Golden Paradise Beach Men’s Shed for members to undertake first aid and defibrillator training
- $2200 for Traralgon Men’s Shed & Woodworking Inc for a defibrillator
- $3094 for Clifton Waters Village Men’s Shed to make shed improvements including an extraction house and dust reducers and to purchase a sawstop table saw.
- $8000 for Orbost Men’s Shed to construct a paved outdoor gathering/social space.
Men’s sheds can apply for funding of up to $10,000 through the National Shed Development Programme (NSDP).
Applications for next round of NSDP will open mid-January 2022.