Transport & Infrastructure Spending in Gippsland
TRANSPORT & INFRASTRUCTURE SPENDING IN GIPPSLAND
As Chair of the Joint Select Committee on Road Safety, I am well aware of the importance of infrastructure spending for our community.
The past three years have been challenging for our region with the combined impacts of drought, bushfires, storms, floods and the coronavirus pandemic.
Below is just a sample of some of the roads and infrastructure spending the Federal Government has funded in the past three years:
- Gippsland rail upgrades $504 million
- Princes Highway duplication between Traralgon and Sale $200 million
- Princes Highway upgrades from Sale to the NSW border $55 million
- Sealing Bonang Rd $11 million
- Upgrading Mallacoota-Genoa Rd $12 million
- Buchan streetscape upgrade $2.8 million
- Hyland Highway road safety upgrades $7 million
- Monaro Highway safety upgrades $5 million
- Morwell CBD revitalisation package $2 million
- Roads to Recovery program for local shires $45 million
For a more detailed and town specific list, please visit https://darrenchester.com.au/funding-achievements/
Rest assured, I’m determined to keep building a safer, stronger, fairer Gippsland, where everyone can get ahead.